If you’re in the market for a dump trailer, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. In this blog post, we will discuss five things to look for when buying a dump trailer.
- Size. You want to ensure the trailer is big enough to hold all the material you plan to dump.
- Weight Capacity. You must also consider the weight capacity and whether the axles can handle your desired cargo. For example, will you need a double or dual axle? Another weight consideration is the towing capacity of the tow vehicle
- Height and sidewalls. You don’t want your load spilling out, so make sure the sides are high enough.
- Quality of Materials. Weight and capacity are important, but so is the quality of the materials. The last thing you want is for your trailer to fall apart after a few uses. Inspect the frame and body for any damage or wear and tear. Also, check the tires to see if they’re in good condition and properly inflated.
- Price. Dump trailers can range in price from a few hundred dollars to many thousands of dollars. It all depends on the size, capacity, and features you’re looking for, so shop around and compare prices before making your final decision.
Imperial Trailers is a fourth-generation family-owned business. We started in the 1940s as a service station and home heating oil business. From our own camping experiences, we got into selling used camping trailers during the 1950s. In the 60s we expanded into new recreational vehicles. In 1968 we moved to our current location on Rt 7 in Troy, NY. We have since expanded into cargo, equipment, dump, horse & stock trailers. As an additional service, we also offer outside storage and LP gas.